You are invited to join us for a joint workshop for students who are participating in the 2016 Connecticut Science & Engineering Fair or the Junior Science and Humanities Symposium. Are you struggling with your poster or presentation? Come to our workshop.
|Workshop – Best Practices for Science Fair and Junior Science and Humanities Symposium|
|When: January 30, 2016 9 am – Noon|
|Where: Quinnipiac University, Mancheski Seminar Room, Lender School of Business, Mount Carmel Campus
275 Mount Carmel Avenue,Hamden, CT
Parking: In lot to the right of the main entrance • Get Directions • Download Campus Map
|Additional information/Questions: Dr. LaBanca 203-947-2850 • Download Workshop Flyer|
Register Online (Deadline: Thursday, Jan. 28)
Free Registration • Continental Breakfast • Door Prizes
- High school CSEF and JSHS participants are the intended audience. Middle school students accepted as space permits.
- Teachers/Advisors of participants
- Parents: Please only one parent per child.
- Putting the Finishing Touches on a Project
- Effective Oral Presentations
- The Message of your Visual Aides: Posters and PowerPoints
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Posters
- Speaking to an Audience: Practice some of your presentation skills with scientists, engineers, and former science fair and symposium standouts
- Display rules for CSEF participants
Dr. Frank LaBanca Vice President of the Connecticut Science Fair Association
Mrs. Joy Erickson, CT Junior Science and Humanities Symposium Director
And volunteers from the CT Science & Engineering Fair