Helping Students Select the “Right” Project
Register Online (Deadline: 10 pm Thursday, Oct. 27)
We all want our students to find the best projects possible to be competitive at the Science and Engineering Fair. But are there “trade secrets”? And will the students project clear the scientific review process of the Fair? At this workshop we will examine best practices in project selection as well as teach you how to establish your OWN scientific review committee to determine eligibility of projects. All of our workshop components will include practical implementation strategies for your classroom. Use these techniques as teaching points to increase project quality schoolwide.
- Helping students select quality project topics
- Guiding students through paperwork completion
- Establishing a Scientific Review Committee (SRC) to examine student projects
- What is an SRC?
- What kinds of individuals are members?
- What paperwork is necessary?
- What are common guidelines for SRC review?
- How can SRC be a “teachable experience” allowing students to present before a panel of adults
- What is the role of the teacher/advisor in SRC?
- Learning to classify the “types” of Fair projects
No Need to Travel- This workshop will be held online. Once you register, you will be receive the link and access code for the workshop. Attendance is limited so there will opportunities for questions. Your computer should have audio. Otherwise you will have to use your phone to dial into the meeting.
Dr. LaBanca, email@example.com 203-733-6246