Connecticut has ten students competing at 2014 GENIUS Olympiad June 16-19 at the State University of New York in Oswego. Five students received their invitation to compete at the Connecticut Science & Engineering Fair are sponsored to attend. The others competed for a spot at this prestigious international competition by directly applying. it is a testimony to the high quality of the work that they were chosen by the GENIUS judged.
Visit the GENIUS Olympiad website
We salute all our Connecticut competitors- Read their Abstracts
See Photos of their adventures.
Connecticut Science & Engineering Fair GENIUS Winners –
• Kenneth Dorian, Rising Senior, Greenwich High School
• Grace Herrick, Rising Sophomore, The Gunnery, Washington, CT
• Lauren Low, Rising Sophomore, Engineering Science University Magnet School, New Haven
• Meeshali Patel and Sylwia Zambrzycka, Rising Seniors, High Regional Career High School, New Haven
Connecticut Science Fair Students Who Entered GENIUS by Direct Application
• Andrew Ma, Rising Senior, Greenwich High School
• Maximillian Minichetti, Rising Senior, Greenwich High School
• Omer Tekin, Abidin Emhan, Taha Cangoz, Rising Seniors, Putnam Science Academy
See the week’s schedule at: GENIUS_Schedule_2014 Wednesday features a trip to see Niagara Falls.
Thursday afternoon is the Awards Ceremony. Best wishes to our students for a rewarding experience.
–Bob Wisner, Fair Director