We update the posted material as soon as it becomes available for the current year. As such, materials from last year’s fair may be still posted.
2017 Fair ~ Fall Mailing ~ Documents mailed to schools in Early Fall (PDF format)
- 2017FallGuideweb (2.0 MB) Student Guide Fall Edition
- 2017FallMailingPacketWeb (3.0 MB) Entire contents of Fall school mailing (Letter to School, Registration Materials, and Fall Student Guide
- 2017SchoolLtr (282 kB) School/Advisor Invitation Letter with Highlights and Changes for 2015
- 2017RegDeadlines (353 kB) Registration eligibility and Deadlines for schools and students
- 2017MandAttend (353 kB) Mandatory Attendance Requirements
- 2017USCAnnoun (584 kB) Urban School Challenge School Announcement with Principals Letter
- 2017FairWkSch_Map (690 kB) Schedule of Events and Directions to Quinnipiac University – Mount Carmel Campus
- ezpath (329 kB) Chart showing what biological, chemical, and energy hazards to avoid to simplify paperwork.
- Fair Week Mailing Packet– (900 kB) Contains: Cover Letter; Mandatory Attendance Policy; Parent Letter; Display & Safety; Science Demonstrations; Schedule; Directions; Visit the Fair
- Fair Week Parent/Student/Teacher Letter- (251 kB)
- Urban School Challenge Student Information – (359 kB)
- Display & Safety – (156 kB) Rules that your display must comply with
- 2017FairWkSchMap – (337 kB) Schedule of Events and Directions to Quinnipiac University – Mount Carmel Campus
- Mandatory Attendance – (556 kB) Events that competitors must attend to receive awards
- DemosRUS (147 kB) Science demonstrations that take place during Tuesday’s project setup
- 2017 Project Abstracts
- 2017 Project Titles sorted by town and school
- 2017 Projects sorted by project number, showing project title and student selected categories
2017 Fair ~ Intel International Science & Engineering Fair Documents
- 2017ISEFRules (PDF 377kB) Intel ISEF Rules and Guidelines without Forms
- 2017ISEFRulesForms (PDF 468kB) Intel ISEF Rules with Forms
- 2017ISEFForms (PDF 312kB) ISEF ISEF Forms
Forms that you and your advisor believe are required for your project need to be filled out, printed and mailed to CSEF registration. Completed forms may be emailed to Registration. However, signed copies must be provided to CSEF Registration for your final project approval. These forms are also available through links within the online registration form.
Forms labeled ISEF are directly linked to ISEF website. Download the pdf first and fill out and save on your computer.
ISEF Form 1 Checklist Adult Sponsor– CSEF only requires this form for the top winning high school projects that are selected to compete at the Intel ISEF.
ISEF Form 1A Student Checklist– CSEF only requires this form for the top winning high school projects that are selected to compete at the Intel ISEF.
ISEF Form 1B Approval Form– CSEF only requires this form for the top winning high school projects that are selected to compete at the Intel ISEF.
ISEF Form 1C Regulated Research Institutional/Industrial Setting– This form must be completed after experimentation by the adult supervising the student research conducted in a regulated research institution, industrial setting or any work site other than home, school or field.
CSEF Form 1D Release Form: Liability for Exhibits & Risks of Research Plan and Publicity; Ethics Policy– No longer required. Now part of online registration.
ISEF Form 2 Qualified Scientist– May be required for research involving human subjects, vertebrate animals, potentially hazardous biological agents, and DEA-controlled substances. Must be completed and signed before the start of student experimentation.
ISEF Form 3 Risk Assessment Form– Required for projects using hazardous chemicals, activities or devices. Must be completed before experimentation.
ISEF Form 4 Human Subjects and Informed Consent– Required for all research involving human subjects. (IRB approval required before experimentation.)
ISEF Form 4 Human Informed Consent Template– For completion by researcher and human subjects.
ISEF Form 5 (5A & 5B) Vertebrate Animal– Form 5A is required for all research involving vertebrate animals that is conducted in a Non-Regulated Research Site. (SRC approval required before experimentation.) Form 5B is is required for all research involving vertebrate animals that is conducted in a Regulated Research Site.
ISEF 6A Potential Hazardous Biological Agents– Required for research involving microorganisms, rDNA, fresh/frozen tissue, blood and body fluids. SRC/IACUC/IBC approval required before experimentation.
ISEF 6B Human and Vertebrate Animal Tissue– Required for projects using fresh/frozen tissue, primary cell cultures, blood, blood products and body fluids. If the research involves living organisms, please ensure that the proper human or animal forms are completed.
ISEF 7 Continuation Projects– Required for projects that are a continuation in the same field of study as a previous project. This form must be accompanied by the previous year’s abstract and Research Plan.