The Connecticut Science Fair completed its 60th year of service to the youth of Connecticut in 2008. This program is the result of the generosity of the more than 80 local corporations, government and nonprofit organizations that present over 200 awards each year to provide the valuable recognition and encouragement these students deserve for their efforts.
Our activity directs all funds towards fair operation, student awards, and all expense paid trips to the International Science and Engineering Fair, ISEF. It is entirely staffed by volunteers.
- More than 15,000 projects were developed by Connecticut 7th through 12th grade students In competitions leading to our fair.
- 476 students from 126 schools and six regional/city fairs competed at our four day state fair held at Quinnipiac University. 200 scientists, engineers, and educators served as judges.
- 415 awards having a total value of greater than $110,000 were given at the state fair by CSF and 91 organizations affiliated with our special awards program.
- Two Sustainability category winners competed at I-SWEEEP 2010, Houston.
- 11 Category Awards programs were made possible by corporate grants.
- Connecticut Science Fair four top winners compete at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair