Did you know that the entire science fair, from the people that help check-in projects, the judges and everyone else you see (and don’t see), is staffed by volunteers? The Fair needs your help. Volunteers are needed for fair week and year-round operations. Look over our needs and contact us.
There are many different volunteering opportunities for the fair.
- Fair Week Volunteer Here!
- Monday- Physical Layout 10:0 am – 6:00 pm- Help setup.
- Tuesday- Check In 11:00 am – 7:00 pm – Help check in the students.
- Tuesday- Display Rules & Safety 11:30 am – 7:00 pm – Review and approve the project displays
- Wednesday- Ribbons Placement – 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Help put finalist and special awards ribbons on displays
- Thursday– Public Viewing – 1:30 – 8:00 pm – Welcome and monitor the visitors
- Friday- Project Checkout (Volunteers may be asked to arrive a bit earlier.) – 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday– Project Checkout / Pack-Up 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
If you are a science educator(not having projects in the fair) or a scientific/engineering professional, we could use your help judging projects. Every year the projects become much more complicated as the students explore cutting edge science and engineering. Judges work in teams or individually.
- Computer Help
Enter judging results, print out forms for judging, awards, and publicity. The Fair uses FileMaker Pro and Apple computers. Some computer experience required. Anyone with FileMaker experience or experience with using SQL for online databases would be greatly appreciated.
- Scientific Review Committee
Professionals in life and physical sciences and engineering work online reviewing projects for compliance with rules and regulations. One training session in Cromwell and then work from home. Must have home computer with internet access.
Processing registration applications for completeness. This is online work that can be done from home. Must have home computer with internet access.